Intero Real Estate Services was founded in 2002 and became the fastest growing company in the history of real estate. Today, we are the #1 real estate company in Silicon Valley and have extended our reach across the country and around the globe. The Intero family now includes over 3,000 agents in over 70 corporate and franchise offices.
We achieved this success by remaining faithful – in good markets and bad – to the principles of trust, respect, integrity and innovation our founders established at the beginning.
Intero is an Italian word that means “entire” or “whole”. It reflects our belief that a real estate company’s vision should extend beyond the bottom line to embrace the people it serves and the community in which it resides. The Intero Foundation has given over $4.5 million to non-profit organizations focused on serving children and elderly in the communities we serve.
And because of our roots in the heart of Silicon Valley ongoing innovation is in our DNA.
- Among the first real estate companies in the country to distribute listings to sites like Google, Yahoo!, Trulia and Zillow.
- A pioneer in environmentally-friendly real estate practices through our alliance with EcoBroker® International. Intero was awarded the EcoBroker® Community Service Award in 2006.
- Named one of the “The Top Ten Real Estate Brokerage Websites in America” by 1000 Watt Consulting and Real Trends.
- Aggressive in recognizing the increasingly global nature of real estate, launching Intero International in 2009 to extend the Intero brand to Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region.
- We have succeeded by doing right by people like you: our customers, our employees, those with whom we share our community. It’s a formula that is working.
In 2014, in the truest spirit of Silicon Valley, we were acquired by HomeServices of America, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway affiliate and one of the most respected names in the business.
True to our nature and intent, through this acquisition, we have retained our Intero name, which has become synonymous with the top agents in the business and our regard for the communities we serve.
For over 15 years, our clients have trusted Intero with the biggest transactions of their lives. We take that seriously. Our founders are still here willingly running our company just as they always have.
THE INTERO FOUNDATION
For over 15 years, The Intero Foundation, via donations from its agents & employees, donates money to non-profits focused on serving children & elderly in the communities we serve in the following California counites: Alameda, Contra Costa, Monterey, Nevada, Placer, Sacramento, San Benito, San Francisco, San Mateo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz. To date, The Intero Foundation has raised over $4.5 million and in 2017 donated $505,000 to local non-profits. Intero Real Estate was honored in 2017 by the San Francisco Business Times as a top corporate philanthropist in the San Francisco Bay Area.
“When people are making the decision of the magnitude of buying a house, it’s the biggest decision a great many families will ever make. They want to know who they’re working with and we think that Berkshire Hathaway name will be reassuring to many of those people.”